Sunday, August 28, 2011

Inspirational Sunday - Love


This past week was my husband's and my 32nd wedding anniversary. We long ago decided no presents to each other but instead, we would write reasons why we loved each other, adding another to each year we are married. I have every single one hubs has written me. I treasure them and will get them out on those days when I am not feeling much like a wife to him or him a husband to me. I feel sorry for those who have never experienced real love or felt it. There is nothing to compare that feeling to - the closeness, the security, the warmth in just feeling the love returned to you in spades.

Do you know who I feel sorriest for? People like this: children of a divorced couple who with the help of their attorney father, decided to sue their mother for not sending birthday cards with cash in them, or not buying them a dress they want, or sending care packages to the kids when they were in college. Well, I didn't always send care packages. I missed birthday cards or made my own when we were short on money. My kids didn't sue me. What a sad state of a family who could do something like this. I don't live that far from that family. I am so glad I decided not to build in that area. We looked. I didn't want my kids to turn out like those kids turned out or how a lot of kids in that area turned out. For those who don't believe me, here is the story as published in the Chicago Tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-mom-sued-0828-20110828,0,7330681.story

I didn't have the best of family. But I know my parents loved me. I know they didn't always like the choices I made but I knew they loved me.

So what makes love not felt? I imagine a whole lot of things.

I am just glad I bask in the love of God; I bask in the love of my husband and children; and I bask in the love of my family and friends.

No comments: