Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Had to Share - First Four Words You See - Knee Update


This is interesting. List the first 4 words you see. The words that popped right out at me are happy, genuine, peaceful, talented, charismatic, honest, passionate, thoughtful, sweet.

Then the crossword addict in me had me searching for more words just to see if there were any others in there. There are. Lots. Interesting what words popped up at me since I have been slightly angry and pissed.

I had a really crappy day today. I went for a 2nd opinion on my knee. In the short course of one year, I went from a torn meniscus to a meniscectomy to more pain than prior to the surgery. Umpteen cortisone injections later, it is still getting worse. Synvisc tried - reacted to it which when I called the doctor who gave it to me, he didn't even bother to call me back but instead had his nurse tell me to take a pain pill and see the doctor at my regularly scheduled appointment (5 days later). Yeah I went in but told him that he was fired from my care and he could take his shot and put it up his you know what. Since then the pain has gotten so bad I now need a cane to walk. So I went for a 2nd opinion. All this doctor did was cover the other doctor's rear and only give me the total knee replacement option. Not a thing else. Called me a non-compliant patient because I said absolutely not. Explain to me how I can go from a meniscectomy to a total knee within a year. He couldn't.

So I am on the search for another opinion. Someone who does not know this other doctor.

Ankle pain? Still there. Artelon didn't work. Cadaver did. But can't have another surgery until I can stand on my left knee. Life is great :)

No comments: