Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Toilet Paper


I don't know what happens in your house but in the 72 hours since this week began, I have walked into a bathroom and found the above. No toilet paper. None even close to a wee dab to use. 8 of the 9 times I noticed before sitting. Of course the other time, I had to sit and wait for someone to hear my screams.

I mean, how long does it take to remove the empty toilet roll off the holder? Not too difficult of a task. Might even say it's a no-brainer. Takes maybe one second.

Know how many times it either isn't replaced or a new one is left ON TOP of the old one or on the floor next to the toilet? Yeah.....that many times.

Then it is placing a new roll on the empty holder. OK again, a no-brainer. Another second down if done right. That is unless you put the new roll back where you found it, leaving the empty one still hanging on the holder.

Now this is assuming you have extra rolls close by. At the offices, I leave a new roll on the back of the toilet if I see the old one almost empty. Again, a no-brainer. Takes a few seconds to do.

No-brainer if you have a brain. Hard if you don't.

My solution at home: I walk in the bathroom and if I don't see a roll on the holder, I get a new roll. I use it and then take it back out of the bathroom and count the number of days until someone changes it. I got to 45 before I gave up and just did it myself.

What's even funnier is that I know who leaves them like that. Son has his own bathroom. Hubs and I have our own. So if I didn't put their paper on their holder, it would never get done.

I still can't understand why it happens all at the same time. I can go weeks on end without changing one roll of paper except at home and that is just deemed my job because no one else does it. Then a week will come and it is every single day and every time I go to the bathroom.

I think the rolls are trying to keep me on my toes. They are possessed. They know when I am coming......................

No comments: