Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Recipe Wednesday - Sliced Baked Potatoes


Yeah yeah I know it's supposed to be Recipe Tuesday but I couldn't come downstairs yesterday - had a bad day. Actually today isn't much better pain wise but a girl has to get her clothes washed. And no, I trust NO ONE washing my clothes - NO ONE! Hence why I am up and around my recipes so I can give you one. Without further ado:

Sliced Baked Potatoes

4 medium potatoes
2-3 tablespoons melted butter
2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, or thyme or 2-3 teaspoons of dried herbs of your choice
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Wash the potatoes in water and pat dry. Cut each into thin slices but not all the way through (you can put the potato between the handles of 2 wooden spoons which will prevent your knife from cutting all the way through). Place the potatoes in a microwave pan or dish. Sprinkle with the melted butter and the herbs. Microwave at high power for 10 minutes, rearranging the potatoes after 5 minutes. Let them rest for 5 minutes.

Take the grated cheddar cheese and put a pinch between each slice. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Microwave for another 4 minutes until cheeses are melted and the potatoes are soft. Sprinkle with salt.

Put the dish under the broiler for 2 minutes or until the cheese slightly browns.