Friday, November 5, 2010

Recipe Thursday - Creamed Corn


There is one dish I absolutely love that I usually only fix at Thanksgiving - that is my own version of creamed corn, made from scratch and definitely not low fat. I actually tried to lower the calories a few times and it lost its taste so much there was no way I would substitute.

It is a relatively simple recipe that I throw in the crockpot about 3-4 hours prior to dinner.

So put in the crockpot:
1 big bag frozen corn (I tend to use the corn I have canned)
1 full stick of real butter
One 8 oz package cream cheese
1 pint of heavy cream
1 ¾ oz grated parmesan cheese
1-2 tsp of sugar

Set the crockpot on low and stir occasionally until the sauce is thick. If it is ready before dinner is ready, just add some more heavy cream.

No comments: