Sunday, June 26, 2011

Inspirational Sunday - Loss/Anger/Peace


I decided to post today about a few things that has been on my mind and taking over my life the past 2 weeks.

#1. I think I had told everyone my son's sugarglider was not doing good. My husband and I had been giving her injections under her neck skin to rehydrate her and handfeeding her along with giving her antibiotics. She had started to rally but then lost her life exactly 2 weeks ago today. Here is a picture of her:

#2. The same exact day that the sugar glider died, my husband and son thought it would be funny to let my indoor cats out. Of course this was not their territory so they were scared and ran back to the door to get in. So son decided to take one of the cats further into our half acre yard and let him go. Instead of running back to the house, he freaked and ran into the woods. Since then it has been a almost constant search for him. He is front declawed and neutered. He does not like strangers at all and hides when anyone comes to the house and he does not like our granddogs. We did have a neighbor report yesterday that she had seen him on Thursday but had not called us and after calling more neighbors, I learned he had been spotted last night around 7pm. Note this is in the opposite direction of supposedly where my husband and son had last seen him. While I am grateful he at least has been spotted, I still can't help these angry feelings toward my husband and son who let the cat out to begin with. I am also happy to hear that he managed to elude the coyote that was seen entering our yard this past week. Here is a picture of my 2 year old baby:

#3. Ever feel so angry you just can't let what is on your mind out? Well, since I had accepted a secretary position last summer for an organization that I was already newsletter editor to, my life has been turmoil. The other board members have kept me in the dark. I was never given a copy of my job description until I demanded one and received it the end of January. I was not told of meetings and was chastised for not attending them. So 2 weeks ago today I had a board meeting to attend of this organization. I received not one, not two, but 12 reminders to come to said meeting and to make sure I had a working tape recorder. Please note I was handed this tape recorder at the January meeting and told it worked. Well, it didn't. But luckily enough I had taken really well notes. That is, except for two reports. I didn't have who accepted them as read nor who 2nd the motion. Wouldn't one think that this might be because it was never done? Nope - the president blamed me for not listening or having a working tape recorder (she's the one who gave it to me).

So at this meeting 2 weeks ago, I kept tabling my reports to the end. After 5 hours of listening to actually nothing and people making plans for meetings that have not even worked in the field for years, it was my turn to talk. I stood up and listed my grievances and how this job was nothing what was explained to me. I also stated that demanding one attend all the assistant lectures was demeaning to my education and if there was another lecture that was of interest to me, I was going to go to it. I then stated that I did not think I was the right person for this job because I actually had a brain. I resigned. I had 30 days to get the minutes typed up and turned in (why I don't know since the 2 reports from last fall were given to me at this meeting). I asked for the reports to be read again, accepted and 2nd. I then started talking about the newsletter editor position. I stated that in the past the membership chairperson had worked with me on labels. Since I had taken the secretary position I have repeatedly asked for updates and was given none. Finally the executive administrator dropped off labels for me stating that she did it for me.

Interesting fact.......the labels didn't match any of the members at all and she added 5 other people to the roster that were former members. But friends I knew had paid and renewed were missing from said list. I sent an email stating the labels given me were wrong and I needed clarification. I waited a week then resent the email with 2nd request. I waited a week then sent an email labeled 3rd request and so on since March. To date I have not been given the correct labels or an explanation of what changed and why. I was told at this meeting to get the newsletters out immediately using the labels that were given me and it was not my position to double check anyone's work - to just accept what was given me.

Not the thing to say to me. Since my life has been filled with either work or hunting for my cat, I have not sent the newsletters or done the minutes. I get on the average of 5 emails a day asking for both. I have answered no one's email. I figure I have 30 days which would mean that the minutes are due July 11th by 7pm (the time the meeting adjourned. They will get the minutes July 11th at 6:55pm.

As for the newsletter? I am resigning that position too only they won't find out unless they read this newsletter which I changed to include my resignation.

So I bet you are wondering why this post is inspirational. Well, in it, believe it or not, I have found peace. I no longer have 2 things to worry about on my plate. I am going back down to concentrating on my family and God. I have peace that my cat was spotted. It is just a matter of time that God will send him back or allow me to find him. That would not have happened without my daily prayers asking for guidance.

So this post is about listening to yourself. You are usually right about something that just feels wrong. Listen to yourself. Pray for guidance. You will find peace.

UPDATE: As of 8pm tonight, we found our cat. He was hiding in the wheel well of a large RV parked a few houses away. We took him to the emergency vet in our area and he was pronounced lighter by a pound. He took his flea pill like a trooper and ate everything we gave him there. He looks none the worse for wear except a bit dirtier. He is skittish inside the home and will need to be separated from our other 2 cats for a week. I imagine there will need to be a re-introduction and I expect a lot of hissing next weekend.

God does answer prayers.

No comments: