Sunday, November 6, 2011

Inspirational Sunday - Bucket List


Until recently I didn't know what a 'Bucket List' was. I found out it is supposed to be a list of all those things you swear you are going to do before you die. There are numerous ideas on the internet about where the term comes from.

I found out what it meant after someone asked me what kind of things were on mine. I asked for a definition - yep, white and clueless once again.

Even thinking on it and perusing the internet at various sites for ideas, none appealed to me....which got me to thinking.

Do people live their lives always craving or wanting more than what they have. Is this a bucket list - a list of things they just have to do.

Why don't I have anything?

I have determined that the reason is because I am happy with my life as it is. Do I strive to be a better person? Sure do but it doesn't involve making sure I see Italy before I die although I would like to one day. It doesn't involve me crossing anything off my list to do before I die. I take each day as they come and enjoy every single moment in life. Yes, even those days I fight with my husband.

I guess my bucket list would only include then the following:
1. I want to say when I die that I lived my life my way. That every single moment was lived in the spirit of God within me.
2. I would like those I love and even those I don't, to live in the spirit of God so that we might meet one day.

Other than that, there is not a thing I can think of.

I like me as I am.

No comments: