Sunday, February 10, 2008

Surgery again

Yep I will be having another surgery on my right foot this coming Saturday. Not a happy camper but had already figured out I needed another surgery.

At the last surgery we tried to get by doing only what was absolutely necessary - fix the avulsion fracture of the deltoid ligament. I started trying to walk last week and couldn't without a lot of pain. The problem now is 2 other tendons, another chip floating on the tendons, and the tarsal tunnel nerve which means 6 weeks non-weight bearing again in a cast. I dont' regret trying the simpler procedure....I wanted to get back on my feet the quicker the better.

When I was at the doctor's office, we were trying to choose a day that coordinated with his schedule. He was booked for the next month which was not an option for recuperating enough for the wedding. I talked the doctor into doing the surgery on his day off on a Saturday. I have a deposition scheduled for the 19th and daughter's bridal shower scheduled for the 23rd, and another bridal shower scheduled for the 24th, along with a party to go to the evening of the 23rd. I can handle doing all back in the cast and on the scooter. Doing it this fast will give me more time to get into a flat shoe for the wedding. Waiting to do the surgery until after the wedding is not an option. I can't walk without a pain ratio of 10+ on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest. I know I should have just done it all a month ago but I was trying to be ready for the wedding and figured I could hold off the other until this summer. We are also in the midst of changing insurance policies with the new one effective March 1st.

Oh well.....so not happy but resigned. I told daughter that she didn't have to be the shortest at the wedding now since I wouldn't be able to wear heels (she's just an inch shorter than me).

Plus I lost the most amount of weight when on the scooter with the cast so hopefully will drop another 20 before the wedding to make that a total of 55. More dress selections available then. Nope still haven't gotten my dress.