Friday, September 12, 2008

What Happens When A Doctor Becomes a Patient

The same thing when a male becomes a patient only 100% worse.

Hub's instructions for today:
1. Increase your fluid intake for the next 1-2 days.
2. Take your antibiotics at the same time every day until gone.
3. Limit your activity for the next 24 hours. Stay off your feet. Rest.

Here is a glimpse into my life with him today:

Me: "You are supposed to drink a full glass of water every hour. Here it is."
Him: "I don't want water. Bring me a cup of coffee."
Me: "No, coffee is a diuretic. You are supposed to drink water."
Him: "Well, I don't want water and it states fluid and coffee is a fluid."
Me: "Drink your water."

So I go and start a load of laundry. I hear movements in the kitchen and since there isn't anyone else here in the house but the cat and sugar glider, I come out of the laundry room and what do I see? I see hubs making himself a cup of coffee.

Me: "What do you have a taste for for lunch? How about a grilled cheese with tomato and bacon sandwich or a grilled chicken sandwich or BBQ chicken sandwich or do you just want pancakes or french toast or waffles?
Him: "I want a hamburger with grilled onions."
Me: "Well, I don't have that here and since it is pouring, you get to choose what you want from above." I go to the laundry room to move the sheets from the washer to the dryer and put a load of towels in the washer.

Me: "Where are you going?" (Hubs is passing me on the way to the garage).
Him: "I am going to pick up my hamburger I ordered."
Me: "You are supposed to be on your butt on the couch. Where did you order it and I will pick it up."

So I left to go pick up his food in the pouring rain.

I finally get him to lay down and take a nap for 3 hours.

He wakes up and gets dressed and says he's going to Home Depot.
Me: "Like hell you are."
Him: "What? I feel fine."

I throw the sheet of instructions to him.

His opinion of the sheet? "I feel fine. I know my body better."

He went to Home Depot.

**sigh**

No comments: