Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Edition of getting to know you

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Answer the questions and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Tis the Season to be NICE! HO HO HO

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the present I am wrapping but usually wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Prefer real but son is highly allergic so we got an artificial one 25 years ago. We put up 3 actually: one in the upstairs hallway, one in the living room, and the main one in the family room.

3. When do you put up the trees? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving but since I am having Thanksgiving dinner here on Saturday, they are already up.

4. When do you take the tree down? You take the tree down on or after the 12th day of Christmas; the 6th of January, the Feast of the Epiphany.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes if homemade and without liquor.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Brand new clothes that weren't handed down from one of my cousins or younger sisters.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Actually no one this year. I usually have a hard time figuring out something for inlaws but since I lived with them, I know quite a few things that could make their lives easier.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Oh yeah, one for under each tree. One of my sister's made me one, my daughter got me another, and one of my sister-in-laws painted me another.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail if I get them out. I found this really cool clipart that is hilarious and represents all the holidays of the year so in case the letter doesn't reach them in time for Christmas, it's a Happy Valentine's Day letter, etc.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Any present that doesn't come with a return receipt on it so I can take it back if need be but the one that stands out in my mind is a fish casserole dish that supposedly went in the microwave and oven but I have the largest of both and it didn't fit in either of mine. I had no return receipt so I put it in a garage sale as a joke without a price. It was the first thing to go and someone gave me $50.00 for it. My luck would be that it was in reality some really expensive thing that was worth thousands. But it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A lot - and way too many to mention. We have them all on DVD and have even transferred our old VCR tapings to DVD.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I have time. I usually start and finish within a few days the beginning of December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cappelletti

16. Lights on the tree? Yes - colored ones in the family room and upstairs; white ones in the living room. Colored ones on the bushes. White ones in the trees.

17. Favorite Christmas song? What Child is This

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on the day but even if we go somewhere, it's only for the day.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course - who doesn't?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Both and on my side's day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I love this time of year. More irritating would be people who come to our area to shop but have no clue where they are going so they stop in the middle of a 6 lane road. I tend to stay away from those places.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? The ones on the upstairs tree are kid oriented (Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, etc). The ones on the living room tree are all old and heirlooms. The ones in the family room are either family photos, ones the kids have made us, or collection ones.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We have 3 Christmas dinners. One is cappelletti, another is turkey/stuffing/ham/sweet potatoes/broccoli-cheese-rice-casserole/mashed tators with green beans in the middle/etc, and ours is cappelletti followed by a standing rib roast.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I already got it. Knowing my husband is not dying in a year.

No comments: