Monday, March 8, 2010

Pink Jobs vs Blue Jobs


This has become my son's and husband's mantra. "I can't do that because it is a 'pink job'" to which my response is to double them both up on 'pink jobs'. Getting them to do 'pink jobs' is easy right now because I have been unable to do a lot with being non-weight bearing. Oh yeah....pink jobs are fun to dole out.

Did you know that there is a difference between a 'pink job' and a 'blue job'? I didn't. I had to have it explained to me by the chauvinistic males in my house. I hope their thought processes are changing but I apologize for the woman who can put up with our son. I can only hope you wrap him around your finger until he doesn't know what he's doing and all he wants to do is please you. If not, then talk to me because I have lived it for quite a number of years. There are ways to get them to come around to your way of thinking.

For those who are not in the 'loop' - a 'pink job' is a female job meaning it is beneath a males psyche to do. Therefore a 'blue job' is a male oriented job or task and considered above a female brain.

In my humble opinion, there isn't one thing in this house I can't do and probably have done already including hanging towel racks that laid in their boxes underneath our bed for over 15 years until I broke down and did them.

But there are definite 'pink jobs' in this house which includes picking up cat hair balls, dog poop, cleaning, organizing, finding anything, doing dishes, cooking, shopping, laundry, cleaning the litter box, etc. I could go on and on. A lot of these jobs neither my son or husband will touch.

I am thinking that these jobs have had to become the 'blue jobs' since I have been incapacitated which might go on for a bit longer.......months and months of physical therapy. Oh yeah......it is possible to 'get even'!