Sunday, June 27, 2010

Inspirational Sunday - Priorities


Do you set priorities in your life? I do but often find myself distracted every once in a while. In my opinion, my belief in God comes first, then myself, then my husband, my children next, my extended family (parents, siblings, inlaws) next, then everything else after that.

Yes, there are times I feel I should come first as long as I have my value system and God with me. You know the saying: "If momma ain't happy, no one is happy!" I believe this to be true. Unless I care for myself, I can't care for another. But I couldn't come first unless I had God there to begin with.

But life and reality and really good things can draw our attention away from what we should be paying attention to. In Luke 10:40, Martha was 'distracted with much serving' which took her away from spending time with Jesus. Work and hobbies are my weakness and while they have value in and of themselves, if they distract me from myself and my family responsibilities or relationship with God, then I need to make a change.

Life though is ever moving and full of surprises. It doesn't always conform or take into account what I feel is important. If I were rigid, I would never allow anyone or anything to come before me.

I think instead priorities in life are a give and take. Sometimes more give than take and sometimes more take than give. In the end, I still have my belief in God and isn't that all that matters?

The picture above gives this quote:
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I live in, or the kind of car I drove: however, the world will be different because I was important in the life of a child.


And a huge 30th birthday wish to C - my one and only son-in-law!

No comments: