Sunday, October 7, 2007

Dreams

I had the weirdest strangest dream last night and I had to tell you all about it to see if someone can help me interpret it. According to a website called "An Online Guide to Dream Intrepretation", the rules of reality do not apply to the world of dreams and said dream "unifies the body, mind, and spirit". Umm...yeah...kinda scarey!

Now I usually don't dream or remember my dreams. I am usually so tuckered out by the time I go to bed that I am a log. My head hits the pillow and I am out. The next thing I remember is the alarm going off. I have had to stop reading when I go to bed because I fall asleep so fast anymore that I leave my glasses on all night. I learned that to try to see out of twisted glasses is not good in the am, let alone deal with the cast! On to the dream:

I dreamt that hubs and a friend of his, daughter and I, and a wiener dog were all going from wedding reception to wedding reception place looking for the best one for my daughter. The corker: instead of visiting said places during the day, we visited them during actual weddings. I don't remember my attire but I do remember some of the attire worn by some of the wedding attendees (all the way from black tie and glittery dresses to overalls and tennis shoes). There were at least 5 different weddings going on at each place. Daughter, wiener dog, and I would visit each wedding and talk to the people attending and the guide who was telling us what they could do for us. Hubs and his friend were going from wedding to wedding sampling the food. Wiener dog was having fun and in fact at one point we lost him and had to go find him. Once we found him dancing in the middle of a circle of people and the center of attention. Another time he was lying in the middle of the lawn not wanting to move. That's all I remember.

Ok, #1: I would never ever own a wiener dog although my niece and grandniece do. Hubs and I did get a call yesterday to see if we wanted a 4 month old English Bulldog male puppy and we said no.

As for daughter's reception, we never looked at any other place than the one she is having hers at because we know the owner and love the place he and his sons built. It also has special meaning because the owner used to have an Italian restaurant we inhabited a lot when the kids were growing up. They had this scrumptious Italian family feast on Sundays...all you could eat and the kids were free. Also we knew what was out there because we attend weddings of either our kids friends or friend's children's weddings and our banquet place beats them hands down for authentic Italian food.

So what does my dream mean other than I am nuts, weird, and strange? And what does wiener dog have to do with any of it?