Thursday, May 1, 2008

Countdown - 1 day - Certifiable Insane

I have not had time to post at all. My days start at 6am and end around 2am.

The granite counter tops were installed on Monday. They came back Wednesday and installed the back splashes during the time I had my doctor appointment for my foot and yes, another dentist appointment. They were pretty well done by the time I had gotten back home. So I signed off on things and shipped them off. The house cleaner had come and I had her do the upstairs first since I had to wait for the contractor to come and install the 2 sinks and cook top on Thursday.

I had little respect for a contractor and I have to say I have even less now. What is so danged difficult about calling someone and letting them know that instead of being there at 8am as promised, they wouldn't arrive until 1pm? Simple courtesy I would think. Nope! Not much faith in the granite guys either who took all the parts to my new sink with them. I can't even begin to count the number of times we have been to Home Depot.

So contractor finally arrives at 1pm today. He had 3 things to do: install the new faucet to the kitchen sink, install the faucet to the bathroom sink, and install the cook top. He gave me an estimate completely being told the parts and looking at the job and said he would be done under 4 hours. I said fine and scheduled him. He left at 5pm sharp with only the kitchen sink done. I threw a hissy fit a few times over plus and he agreed to come back tomorrow at 8am SHARP to put the bathroom faucet in. I really give 2 cents **insert other s word** that the cook top gets installed before next Wednesday but I need water in sinks especially a bathroom. Priority there.

So house cleaner did the upstairs and all rooms downstairs between Wednesday and Thursday except the kitchen, breakfast room (where all the kitchen stuff is), the laundry room, and the downstairs bathroom. She will finish tomorrow am.

Dresses picked up (daughter's and mine) and son's and hubs' tux picked up. Reception things dropped off along with final payment. Florist final payment dropped off. Wedding flowers had just come in and were absolutely gorgeous. We ended up with the hydrangeas from South Africa and the peonies from Holland.

People started arriving today. Now mind you I still have my breakfast room filled with things from under the kitchen sink and cook top and everything that goes on the counter tops, along with all the kitchen drawers. Folded towels and sheets and blankets and comforters and curtains were on the chairs. In other words, not company ready. First was my oldest niece who came with one of the flower girls (S who will be 3 in June) and her 6 month old son, L. She was a huge help and helped my daughter make the beds. After they finished, they decided to take S and L outside to play a bit and potty the dogs. S decided to jump on the trampoline and knew how to get on a big one. We had put said trampoline on the concrete patio when the landscapers had come to mow the grass and do the spring cleanup this week. We had yet to move it back. Well, S started jumping and I had been hanging curtains and saw no one around watching her and then as I got to the french door that goes to the patio to holler at the girls and S to get down from the trampoline, S jumped off the trampoline and dived head first onto the concrete. Niece spent the next 4 hours at the ER. No broken bones, no blood, and she never passed out and could say her abc's and talk normally after but she will be sporting a shiner and black and blue side of her face. Daughter who is also pms'ing lost it and started hysterically crying. I checked S out while niece held L and daughter, then I said we better take her to the ER just in case although I don't think she broke anything and her neurological signs were all ok.

Husband, on the other hand, had one of our favorite patients (she better be reading this when she gets out of the hospital) admitted to the hospital. He ended up taking her to surgery at 6pm tonight. He missed all the commotion. He came home and asked how things were coming. I said fine...just peachy.

I think I could drink. Hope daughter left me some Valium. And she says she is never giving me grandchildren.