Monday, May 26, 2008

How did you find me?


It has always amazed me how many people visit my blog and how they got here. I put in a sitemeter which records who visits my blog and where they came from. I am sitting here looking at a stack of work to do (yes even on Memorial Day). You can see how interested in that stack I am.

Instead I am distracted by these interesting stats:

I have had 6404 visitors since I opened this blog with an average of 33 per day and visit length average of 57 seconds. I have had 234 this past week alone. Interestingly enough, out of those 6404 visitors I have had people look at 8393 pages with an average 1.2 minutes spent. (shudder...now I sound like a teacher)

Visits here are not limited to the good ole' US, but represent the United Kingdom, Canada, Thailand, Italy, Belgium, Pakistan, Netherlands, Austria, Africa, France, Germany, Switzerland, China, Japan, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Israel, Turkey, India, Mexico, and someplace my geography teacher never taught me where it was: 3% came from Unknown. (always nice to learn new places).

What I found more interesting was how they got here. A few are friends who come direct. But most come from a search engine. Now here's the interesting part.....the words they used to find me (no it wasn't always the word sex).

- exercise cartoon (relates to my Jan 8, 2008 post and yeah can you believe exercise and my name are attached although I am now in physical therapy 3 times a week)

- dirtiest place (relates to my posts on the top ten dirtiest places which no one liked but gets the 1st highest hits along with the restroom sign I used to start the posts. Those posts also pulled in every single unknown which is a riot or at least funny to me - dirtiest place = unknown). Ok I know I am weird.

- syndesmosis screw removal break (relates to my ankle sprain 8-15-07 thanks to Philly's sidewalks)

- do they put casts on high ankle sprains that won't heal? (um cuz they could heal and you wouldn't need surgery which messes up your life for months)

- christian prayer beads stores (thank goodness some part of my blog pulls in Christians)

- esterházy cake (which I have no idea what it tastes like but M pronounces it the best he ever had at Cafe Mozart, Vienna which makes me wonder if it is a cake).

- doodling and what it means (which interested me after I took that handwriting course and to date, everyone's handwriting I have analyzed has been right on! These posts had the 2nd highest hits).

- wheelchair life (which sucked a big one)

- and the funniest one? sex in a wheelchair. I actually could find no reference to where I said that. Might be an interesting position to submit to Kama Sutra or the Joy of Sex. Hmm....sounds better practicing that than working on this pile....