Saturday, June 14, 2008

Crazy Songs

Yep V this post is dedicated to you. I told you this afternoon I had been researching for a bit on this.

So, I don't know about any of you out there reading this, but I decided to research silly crazy songs that once you hear them, you can't get them out of your head. You hum them, you sing them, you drive yourself and others crazy with them. Yep those kind of songs.

My daughter and I have always had "The Hamster Dance" from Disney's "Robin Hood" in our heads. She used to sing and dance to it every chance she got after she first saw "Robin Hood" and I will admit it is a catchy tune. She found a Hallmark card that sang that for my birthday this past year.

I regress......here are a few more crazy silly songs: How many do you remember?

1. This one was actually an ad by the California Raisin Advisory Board: "Heard it Through the Grapevine". It came out around 1986 and featured the dancing raisins moving and grooving to the song.

2. This next one is funny...sung to the tune of "On top of Old Smokey"
On top of Spaghetti, all covered in cheese
I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed.

3. I have always like the "Name Game".
If you want to use the name Lucky:

Lucky, lucky, bo-bucky
Banana-fana, fo-ucky
Me, my, mo-mucky
Lucky!

4. Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh! Allan Sherman

5. I've got a brand new pair of roller skates,
You've got a brand new key.

6. I told the witch doctor I was in love with you

One that once you hear the music alone (no lyrics) you automatically dance to the music: the chicken dance :)

So who have I driven crazy? Do you have one to share with me?