Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ever get the feeling?


I have been feeling like this for a while. I just want life to slow down a bit. I used to like merry-go-rounds and keeping busy but as I age I just want life to slow down and take a breather.

It is Wednesday - hump day - middle of the week. This means there were 3 days prior to this week that passed. Where the h did they go? I have no clue.

Hubs and I were trying to decide on where we going this summer since we decided with fuel prices not to attend the seminar in Hawaii in July ($1500 each for a non-stop ticket let alone hotels and food). We looked into Lake Louise in Canada, Niagara Falls, the east coast since neither of us have been there, or the Keys with my sister and her husband. We discarded all because of air fare prices. So we looked closer to home. We are currently looking at Door County and renting a house on Lake Michigan for a week. We are also looking at Lake Geneva and just going to this country inn for a long weekend. Decisions, decisions. Door County is interesting but a long drive but tempting for the week. Lake Geneva is closer but shorter in time span (I don't think I could do a week there). Might just do both.

In the meantime, how do I tell employees they can no longer have vacations? That is one reason why it's so crazy - we are down one at the office this week.

I woke up this morning to hearing Obama has clinched the nomination and Chicago is in the running for the Olympics. Yipee (being sarcastic here). If those 2 can do it against enormous odds, why can't I find more time in a day or learn how to slow down?