Friday, July 10, 2015

Recipe Thursday - Paleo Spinach Cheese Omelet

A year or so ago I started trying to eat a modified Paleo diet. I had determined I had a wheat sensitivity since whenever I ate anything with wheat in it, I would get bloated and gassy and nothing else was working to make those side effects go away. My daughter said she had the same thing happen to her and she started on this diet and all that went away. So I started trying to change my eating habits. Slowly I have although I still have a little wheat now but I am much more careful of what goes in my mouth. It usually means we stay in and cook at home now but I learned tricks to freezing and meal preps. Oh - ignore that English muffin there on the plate - I didn't have a picture so just googled for one. That muffin is not on a Paleo diet.
One day I was looking for something different to make for breakfast. I just did a google search and came across this recipe. I wish I remembered the page I found it on so I can give them credit but alas, that is hindsight. So if this is your recipe let me know and I will be glad to give you full credit.


Spinach Cheese Omelet

Ingredients

  • 2  large eggs
  • 1  tablespoon  butter
  • 1  cup  coarsely chopped spinach
  • 1/3  cup  chopped tomatoes
  • 1/8  teaspoon  salt
  • 1/3  cup  (1 1/2 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1/8  teaspoon  pepper

Preparation

1. Blend and Pour. Process eggs and 2 Tbsp. water in a blender until blended. Melt butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; add spinach and tomatoes, and saute 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Add salt and egg mixture to skillet.
2. Lift and Tilt. As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked egg mixture flows underneath, cooking until almost set (about 1 minute). Cover skillet, and cook 1 minute.
3. Fold and Serve. Sprinkle omelet with cheese and pepper. Fold omelet in half, allowing cheese to melt. Slide cooked omelet onto a serving plate, and season with salt to taste. Serve with buttered toast and fresh fruit.
 

No comments: