Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Watermelon


I know I know....a strange topic to write about. But really? Why do so many people think people are crazy if you don't like watermelon?

I. HATE. WATERMELON. I hate the taste. I have never liked it. I would rather go hungry if this was the food served. OMG and please please don't put it in a fruit salad. It contaminates everything in there that is good.

I also hate the taste of cucumbers and honeydew melons. I love cantaloupe though! I also hate any pickle but homemade bread and butter pickles but will tolerate sweet gherkins in my potato salad as long as there aren't too many. I hate pickle relish too.

I often thought it was the texture I didn't like because cucumbers, watermelon, pickles, and honeydew all have a slimy type texture but I love okra if properly cooked. I have also wondered if it is the sweetness of watermelon because I abhor sweet foods but I like cantaloupe. I like raw zucchini but hate it when it is cooked (gets way too slimy) but I love yellow squash cooked anyway but hate it raw.

This is why I bring lettuce salads without cucumbers, potato salad with minimal sweet gherkins, and fruit salads without watermelon and honeydew.

I really can't be the only person out there that hates the taste of these items.......someone please say you agree!



No comments: