Friday, December 28, 2007

One 'those' weeks


Actually I think it has been months.....I officially celebrated 4 and a half months or 19 weeks of being in a below the knee cast and 6 weeks post surgical correction. I should win some kind of award. If you talk to my husband, that award would be that I get to wait on him now. If any of you know me...you know that ain't going to happen. I might reward him in some way....have to think on that one.

Anyway......it was a full moon Christmas eve and let me tell you it has been one loopy whirlwind week...and it isn't over. My newest grand-nephew L was just released from the hospital today after being there for the week with RSV. My FIL didn't know who I was (he had a stroke almost 2 years ago and is rapidly declining). One of my sisters fell down her basement stairs and broke her foot so we put her in a cast. Patients came out of the woodwork this week all trying to get into the office before their new deductible hits Jan 1st. Then we were blessed today with snow.

One more Christmas to go....my family's is this Sunday at my parent's house. Yes, I am bringing headache medicine and maybe something stronger. We do an exchange there...my brothers, sisters, and spouses all exchange names; then the older kids exchange names; and then the younger ones exchange names. We have my one brother and his wife who have yet to give us any clue as to what they want. Now any of you who know me know not to do that to me. They get what I want to get them then and I have been known to deliberately shop at a sex shop for items. I still have tomorrow to decide if I will do this or not. Son has one of my nieces names who was easy to do although he had us pick up the gift as he states he won't walk into a smelly store (Bath and Body Works).

Cross your fingers and toes that I get a walking cast Monday when I go back to the doctor. And cross your fingers I don't have the newest Chia Pet leg...I swear cast material has miracle grow.....2 weeks ago I could braid the leg hair.