Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!


One of my friends sent this pic to me...yummy! Besides my hubs, there is only 2 other men I consider totally sexy...George is one...the other is Richard Gere.

Someone asked me if I was going to make any resolutions this year. Umm...yeah I will get on that one year. My biggest challenge at the end of 2007 was to get the cast off which amazingly enough happened yesterday...what a way to end the year! Today I spent 30 minutes in the whirlpool with both legs and me all naked...it was amazing. Now to toughen up the skin so I can shave the leg hairs that appeared out of nowhere while in the cast....and to learn how to walk again. My leg is all rubberylike. I will start physical therapy in 2 weeks. I have been on what I call 'the wedding diet' even with not being able to walk so I was really curious to see what I really weighed now....amazingly enough I have lost almost 30 pounds in 6 months! Starting to exercise the legs should make it come off faster.

Things planned for 2008....(actually these are planned for the 1st 5 months of the year): finish remodeling the interior of the house (finish pulling up carpeting and quarry tile on the 1st floor and laying wood flooring; redesigning the living room to incorporate my office with the baby grand piano; redesigning the formal dining room to now become the formal dining room instead of being my office; putting in granite countertops in the kitchen and 3 bathrooms; putting in my new GE cooktop we bought in December thanks to my daughter's hefty discount; buying a new king size mattress for our bedroom and outfitting daughter's old room into a guest room, then updating our bedroom to a new look)......then we have daughter's 2 bridal showers, rehearsal dinner, and topping it with the wedding May 3rd.

For the rest of 2008, hubs and I will be going to Hawaii in July for a meeting, first stopping on Oahu then going on to the big island Hawaii for another meeting. I somehow think we will need it after the wedding. The end of the year will bring the other surgery to finish repairing the damage from my fall on Philadelphia's fantastic sidewalks. **insert major eyeroll**

So what are your plans for the coming year? Any resolutions?