Monday, August 24, 2009

Right Side vs Left Side Driving


According to this article, on September 7th, people who drive in Samoa will have to begin driving on the other side of the road.

***http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125086852452149513.html***?mod=yhoofront*** (remove the ***'s to get the link)

Countries that drive on the left side of the road account for about 30% of the world's population or 73 countries.

I can only wonder if Vegas is throwing out odds on how many accidents happen that day because of it.

I know it bothers me because I have visited some of those places where they drove on the opposite side although I never drove myself. It also brings to mind cars - only the new cars would have the driver on the correct side of the car. I can't even wrap my brain around changing that or thinking the US would go to the metric system although that might be a bit easier for me since I was a huge chemistry and math geek.

No comments: