Sunday, August 16, 2009

Toronto - Part 7 CN Tower and more

The day before the seminar started we had planned on visiting the CN Tower which was right next to the Toronto Convention Centre. We figured we had to check in and get our badges anyway and scope out where we were supposed to go, etc, then go back to the hotel and rest until our friends arrived for dinner. So we took out after breakfast.

Let's just say that the seminar brochure lied big time. Like HUGE! The hotel was supposed to be next to the convention centre. WRONG! We soon learned it was at least 3 blocks away and my scooter was not going to be able to negotiate Toronto's sidewalks which were worse than Philadelphia's and definitely not handicap friendly unless they wanted you to have a heart attack trying to get there. So we finally arrive at the convention centre only to find out we were on the north side and needed to go to the south side of the convention centre. Yeah - not close and again no air conditioning! I am sweating buckets and making my own water. We decided to go on to the CN Tower since it was next to the centre and on the south side anyway and for me to take taxi's to and from the centre every day.

By the time we got to the CN Tower, we stopped to rest along the walkway. I was pretty wiped out and looked at the trees along the walkway and asked hubs what the white bugs on them were. He handed me the camera and said to zoom in on them. I did and decided that I needed refreshment and probably commitment. Hubs couldn't stop laughing! Yeah those are lights not bugs!

The next ones are of the CN Tower from the bottom and if you look real close you can see the glass floor areas.


Here are the specs of the CN Tower:

Chicago in 1999 decided to decorate cows. Guess Toronto decided on the moose. Here is the only Canadian moose we saw the entire trip:

So we then went up the elevators (all of which are on the outside of the tower by the way). Basically the lookout is the same as the Hancock Building or the Sears Tower in Chicago - just a different city. What was different and funny was my husband's reaction to the glass floor. The first picture is me on it with my one big foot. The next ones are of my husband's. He carefully read the weight allowance on the window and decided that there were too many on it. Then came kids who decided to jump on it. It took him 10 minutes to decide to finally venture out. The glass windows were edged by steel girders as you can see in the 2nd picture. My dear husband would only step on the steel girders. It took him over 5 minutes to be convinced to step a toenail off said girder after I reassured him that I had indeed made sure his life insurance was paid to date **snicker**


No comments: