Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Favorite Authors - Out of Books - Syncing the Sony EReader


I noticed last night when I went to pick out a new book to read - the 2nd book in the series - that I had not synced the entire series on the ereader in November when I last synced. See I purchase books as I need them or as my mood deems fit for something different to read. I saw that I only had 10 books left on my Sony and around 10 in my TBR pile that friends (Cindy and Val) give me. My heart started palpating. Of course the one and only book I was interested in reading last night was missing book 1 of the series. Somehow last November when I was downloading books to the Sony I had forgotten to sync the 1st in the series.

So today I went on a purchasing spree - Sony's bookstore mainly since they had a lot of specials. I was also able to pick up some of the books in different series that I had been missing.

It's a huge pet peeve of mine to start reading helter skelter and my luck is that I usually read a book and find out it is the middle book of a series. Now I check and double check on my fav authors that are auto-buys for me.

Oh and Louisa Edwards has been put on my auto-buy list. The following are on said list (in alphabetical order): Lacey Alexander, Michelle Bardsley, Shayla Black, Suzanne Brockman, Jaci Burton, Dakota Cassidy, Jax Cassidy, Dianne Castell, Pamela Claire, Kresley Cole, Cindy Cruciger, Jennifer Crusie, Janelle Denison, Susan Donovan, Louisa Edwards, Lilli Feisty, Lori Foster, Eva Gale, Renee George, Tess Gerritson, Kristin Hannah, Joey Hill, Emma Holly, Diana Holquist, Lorelei James, Lora Leigh, Rowan McBride, Erin McCarthy, Shannon McKenna, Lucy Monroe, Lauren Murphy, Kate Pearce, Carly Phillips, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Jodi Picoult, Richard Preston, Denise Rosetti, Anne Vremont, and Diane Whiteside. I am sure I have forgotten a few - especially all the classic authors and the literature authors and the poetry authors - okay probably more than you realize since I have a very eclectic taste. I can spend hours browsing a bookstore or publishers or the Sony bookstore - hours looking for my auto-buy authors, new authors, special packages, etc.

So as I wait for the syncing to finish, I am plotting which book to start since I have more books to choose from now. I have been wanting to read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and I am thinking that will be it but then again I have a few hours to change my mind.