Monday, January 18, 2010

Kitty Training


This picture is of him guarding HIS Christmas tree - he would attack anyone who dared to come near it. We gave up decorating it or keeping either the lights or garland on it - he would just pull it off.

So the question of the day - is it possible to train a kitten or do kittens just train us to give up and let them do what they want?

I am thinking the latter. Trouble has decided that it is okay to sleep all day and keep us up all night. If we dare roll over in bed, he is all over us purring and licking us until we wake up. I thought he would calm down some after the neutering and he did - until the anesthesia wore off. He has 3 speeds - sleeping, loving, and completely psychotic and demonic. I swear he has devil horns.

Oh and his need to bite - not any of his toys - he prefers flesh - yours - mine - anything with blood. You say no. He meows back at you and proceeds to bite again. You say no stronger and wave your finger at him and he meows and waves his finger back at you.

Time outs do work but it is hard for me to put him in time outs since I am still non-weight bearing. We have tried spray bottles filled with water - he loves them! He loves taking showers with you too - loves the water. We tried loud noises and he stops a millisecond then meows, shakes a finger at you, and continues on doing what he wants like you were a slight distraction. And if you attempt to distract him, I swear he looks at you like you are nuts then goes back doing what it was he was doing.

But when he's sleeping - unless I sewed his eyes open, he won't wake up. The only thing that would keep him awake was the Christmas tree and believe me, I thought of keeping it up all year round.

I just want the awake time during the day and the sleeping time at night. Not too much to ask for........any ideas?