Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pet Peeve - Words With Friends


This has been a large pet peeve of mine. I play Words With Friends almost daily. I have from 5-10 games going on any one day. My max number of games per day is 10 different people though because I just don't have the time to play more than once a day and I am not going to spend all of my free time playing games.

BUT.....I think everyone has ONE of THOSE friends. You know the ones - they are barely high school educated and post words that in scrabble, I would challenge in a heart beat. These are not the type of people whose vocabulary includes words such as exequy, or readd, or fuzed (this reminds me of the Fonz for some reason), or dexie (is it some type of doxie?, or dona (as in prima donna but less of one which is why it only has one n), or gating (yeah I am gating the door so I don't allow uneducated people in), or novae (relating to astronomy?), or taces (I am in kindergarten and I can't trace so they call it tacing because I am missing the trace concept?).

I mean come on........really? And these same people question me when I let them win and don't start another game. And the attitudes of these people toward me? I am incompetent because I don't know the words but when I question them, they have absolutely no idea what they are either.

I hate cheaters.

No comments: