Thursday, August 20, 2015

Recipe Thursday - Paleo Almond Chicken



I ran across this recipe over 3 years ago and wrote it down but didn't keep the website it came from so if this is your recipe, please let me know and I will give you credit for it.

Ingredients:
2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins
3 eggs
1 cup almond meal
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne
Salt and pepper to taste (I use Kosher salt)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil. Grease the foil (I use a spritzer and spritz olive oil all over the foil).

Mix all dry ingredients on a large platter/plate. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl or dish. Dip the chicken in egg then dredge in the dry ingredients. Place coated chicken into the baking dish. Bake for 12 minutes then turn over and bake another 12 minutes.


I usually serve with either green beans with almond slivers or steamed broccoli and a salad. The chicken is great cold the next day too so I always make sure I make enough for leftovers!


No comments: