Friday, March 16, 2007

Age is a matter of opinion

My daughter and I have been having a 'discussion' on what I wanted for my birthday or for that matter, any present (Mother's Day, anniversary, Christmas, etc). According to her opinion, I am showing my age because all I wanted was impersonal items and I couldn't even come up with a good list. According to her, a good list is a minimum of 2 pages long. I barely can make 5 lines. Now if I can put a cook, housecleaner that understands English and really cleans my way and does the laundry, a masseuse, a private secretary, and a zillion other things that would make my life easier, I would be in heaven. So in reality, I put books, charms, and miscellaneous kitchen gadgets on the list. When did I get old? I can't wait until the discussions on wedding traditions start up.