Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Birthdays

Lying about your age is easier now that you sometimes forget what it is.

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest."
Larry Lorenzoni.

"Live as long as you may. The first twenty years are the longest half of your life."
Robert Southey.

Today was my 53rd birthday. I spent the day at a senior health fair, then chatting with friends and family on the phone, then opened presents from my kids, hubs, and grandpuppies tonight. Kinda anticlimatic......but in reality it is my life and it's perfect. I wouldn't want it any other way. Hubs had a meeting earlier and one of the doctors there asked him what he was getting me...he said a few things she wanted from Bed Bath and Beyond (new spatulas, new gravy separator, new wok) and the only chocolate I eat: Fanny May's Chocolate Covered Cherries. All the doctors around him were a little shocked that he wasn't going to a jewelry store.....jewelry is so not me. The only jewelry I wear is my wedding rings, my angel pin, and my Mickey Mouse watch. I love my charm bracelet but have plenty of charms now. Maybe that is a sign of aging....I couldn't really tell anyone what I wanted as there was nothing I really wanted. Twenty years ago my list would have been 2 pages long. Now....give me a gift certificate for the book store or Bed Bath and Beyond....either I can spend hours in and find something to get myself. All in all, it was a fantastic birthday and I wouldn't change anything one iota. And yes Tate....I did get that :)