Monday, March 12, 2007

Parenting



Every parent out there has gotten "the eyeroll" before from their children. It's a fact of life: parents do not have all the answers and especially in their children's eyes. I think this is why parents love to say "I told you so" and do it so well.

I can remember when my mother used to use her spit and clean off some dirty item on my face and I would be YUCK YUCK YUCK......I am never doing that to my child. I can remember all those little things that would drive me nuts that my mother did.

Then I became a mother. Worse yet, one day I turned around and swore my mother was saying the same words that seemed to come out of my mouth. It was a cosmic experience I tell ya....it wasn't really me saying that!

One day your children become adults. One of mine moved out. We actually get along fantastic now but today I got it.....YEP THE EYEROLL. It was over the phone but a mom knows. I felt it. I know when she's trying to get me off the phone to say something or roll her eyes and call me impossible. I know because I did it.

**sigh** I am imagining that eyeroll for many years to come. I will be like my mother: "I wish you to have the same type of child you are only hundredfold!"

Just think...I used to call them angelic....when they were sleeping of course :)