Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother's Day Cards

I had to run some errands today so went to the Hallmark store to get Mother's Day cards for my mother and MIL who I get the pleasure **insert eyeroll** of having lunch with on Sunday along with daughter's fiance's mother and her family. So there I was trying to pick out cards.....and it seems I wasn't the only one having problems.

Taken from another blog I read:

you mean what kind of mother's day card did i get for my mother?

i don't know her address

they're ALL true



I was teasing about the mother's day card. Dry sarcasm. (I was reading through them at Walmart and putting them all down.)


At least I know it wasn't just me....other people in this world feel the same way. What is it about the cards for me? They are either too syrupy sweet I want to puke...or they are way too funny and over the heads of who I would want to give them to or they are perfect but giving that card would only perpetuate the 'given by the idiot for married my precious son'. I. AM. DOOMED.

Where did the simple cards go? A simple thanks...no fluff...no frills...