Sunday, November 4, 2007

Confirmation I am not crazy

Isn't it nice to have that confirmed every once in a while? I can't speak for any other moments but at least with red wines and certain foods, I know I am not crazy.

It began when I began drinking in the late 60's (the days when beer and wine were legal at age 19). I loved the taste of red wine but after drinking just one glass I would be sick for days after with this incredible horrible headache and nausea. I won't speak of the day I was dumped by a guy then drank a whole bottle of Chianti myself and on the way back to my dorm, I stopped and spoke to 'god' in the middle of the quad. Yep not one of my better days although I still get teased for it. Now I don't remember an ounce of this but it has been relayed to me by verifiable honest sources. Seems the frat I was a little sister with decided to play a joke on me. They had never seen me drink before as I was dubbed the studious serious one who worked nights and never partied (yep believe it or not that was me - a nerdy geek). So they climbed a tree that was on the way to my dorm and waited for me. When I walked under said tree, they spoke to me and I was led to believe they were 'god'. It is told that I confessed all my sins that night and the next morning, my roommate found me still under said tree still confessing my sins. I tend to believe them because they had info I had never ever told anyone before.

So, now there is a reason I am weird and can't drink red wine, chocolate, cheese, olives, nuts and cured meats. I have an 'amine sensitivity'. Here is the story for all to read:
If the link doesn't show up just go to yahoo news and to the health section. I have no idea why blogger doesn't allow links when they have a link thingie.

Nice to have confirmation!