Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Countdown - 35 hours to go

It's been literally crazy here. I am down to my last 35 hours and still have bunches left to do. This morning I woke up to the landscapers ringing my doorbell at 6am along with I swear hundreds of men (all speaking a foreign language). How the haydees can anyone be happy at that hour? Our front lawn looks like it was stripped naked. I am waiting to post pics until they are done cuz the transformation is amazing already. I can't wait to see everything in full bloom and how it will change per season. They are still putting in a stone wall on either side of the house so I imagine they will be back tomorrow bright and early. I did tell them they did not have to tell me they were there tomorrow.

As for the roof: they couldn't get the one we picked out so last week I picked out another that was close to what the one we had picked out. Hubs wasn't around. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought he would have cared. Believe me it was like I lost his remote. OMG.....I swear it was male pms week. I picked out Tamko's Heritage AR/50 Thunderstorm Gray which was close to the GAF we had picked out. They upgraded us from a 40 year roof to a 50 because of the delay at no extra charge. He swears the tile has green in it. I say gray has some green in it but you are looking at it up close. It will be going on your 2nd story roof so it won't show the green unless you get out a ladder and climb it and put your nose next to it. Not good enough. The man had to get out the ladder and take a bundle of shingles and lay them out on the roof to prove his point. I still saw no green but he swears he does. So he says...pick what ever you want. Should not have believed that. I chose to stay with what I had picked out. For the past 4 days the man has been dragging everyone he could to see the shingles and then added up who saw green and who didn't. So I said fine - change the danged thing. I don't need the hassle - I have a list to finish. So we changed the roof. At this point the roofer made him sign this is the last time he is allowed to change the order.

**sigh** 35 hours to go to lala land.