Thursday, November 29, 2007

Living


Thanks for all the emails and concern. I have good days and bad days and good and bad days combined into one. I go back to the doctor tomorrow to have stitches removed and be recasted. I am pretty sure I will be sporting a Christmas themed cast complete with santas and trees.

Anyway, there is a reason why I posted a smiley face. My surgeon gave me a smiley face on each side of the ankle. The slits for the eyes are about 2 inches above each side of the ankle and the smiley face starts 1 inch outside of one eye slit and goes down to the bottom of the side of the foot then back up to an inch on the outside of the other eye slit. Seems my surgeon has a sense of humor. I haven't decided if I do yet although my right cankles will now sport smiley face scars on the inside and out. Maybe it will be a new fashion statement.

I thought I was doing lots better. Seemed to have more energy so yesterday decided to go to one of the offices. The main office girl's mother was having a triple bypass open heart surgery. She insisted on working since she didn't feel she could sit at the hospital all day with her husband dying just over a year ago. So she worked but I thought I had better get my rear in there just in case she had to leave so I went to work. Yeah....not as strong as I thought I was getting. Went straight to bed with ice bags and drugs. Got up this morning and went to another office for 3 hours.....then realized I did way too much and the whole leg went back into what is called a peroneal spasm. So dear hubs gave me another shot in the knee and knocked out the spasm and took me home, put me in bed and I had orders to stay there. I obeyed.

But during the day I received 2 deliveries.....one a huge fruit basket fom Edible Arrangements from the group of doctors I do consulting work for with a message that was a riot: Ok all right all ready....time to stop lollygagging around and get back to work...we miss you!. awwwww..... The other delivery was a basket from dear friends (thanks Jeff and Lisa) with books, magazines, Godiva chocolates, a cute Hallmark ornament called a shoe tree, and a stuffed pig. For those of you who don't get it....I have pig parts in my ankle holding it back together. What was really funny was their card: "Sorry to hear you've been laid out...ooops I mean laid away....no, no, make that laid up....or do I mean laid down....uh...laid back...er...laid over...well, whichever way you've been laid...hope you get laid the right way!

I leave you today with a remark my husband said to me as he watched me get ready for bed last night....."Did you know your breasts are in a race to see which will reach your waist first?"

Yep my crutches were used once again as a javelin and hit their mark!