Saturday, April 26, 2008

Countdown - 6 days and regained my sanity

Well, I decided to take it a bit slow today. I started off the day by rearranging the built in bookcases that flank either side of the fireplace. Then went down to the end tables and threw out magazines that were older than 2 months. Then I got ready for daughter's appointment for her final dress fitting. The maid of honor met us there and they both tried on their dresses. Pictures were taken but I am not going to show daughter until after the wedding just in case groom sees this blog.

That done, we set a pickup date of Thursday on both their dresses and mine. We then went to lunch at a favorite soup and salad place. After we finished daughter and I headed to Nordstrom to see if I could find a pair of shoes that not only fit but ones this bum foot could wear. We did find a couple of pairs but settled on this one (nothing much but to someone who has worn oxford tie shoes or sported a cast, it was amazing and on the road to being normal....well ok partly normal at least in shoes).


Daughter took me home then and I wrapped godson's confirmation present then I retrieved my grandfather's rosary and we took off for the service. Godson carried grandpa's rosary and my father was his sponsor so there were 3 generations with him along with his godparents, parents, one brother (other is away at college and couldn't come home), a couple of aunts and cousins. We then all went out to eat.

Got home 2 hours ago and son and hubs are moving son back into his room. My foot was throbbing (another storm coming in, this time with snow) and so I was ordered to sit. I am but I did the quarterly reports so they can be mailed Monday, and played a few games of Word Whomp.

So a nice decompressing day. Only 2 dramas to deal with today and one of all things, about who was saying grace at the reception. I needed today. I think I regained my sanity although not if you ask hubs.