Monday, April 21, 2008

Countdown begins - 10 days


10 days and I will have a housefull. This house is not ready. I am sure my blood pressure is up. All I am getting from the males in the house is, "we're working on it". I dunno what they are working on. All I know is that there is still so much left undone. People are staying away from me now or giving me the trite: "Yes dear". No clue why.

Today I cleaned and oiled all the kitchen cabinets, washed walls in the laundry room, washed sheers from the family room, kitchen, and laundry room, cooked dinner for the past 3 nights in a row, did the billing for the week for 2 clients and waiting for the other client to send hers, washed all the bedspreads, comforters, sheets, plus the laundry from the week. Kitchen counters totally cleared off. Silverware drawers cleaned. Bathroom walls washed. Closets cleaned. Put more things in the pile that will go to the dumpster.

What's funny is that I am the handicapped one. I can't walk that well. In fact, I honestly don't know what shoes I will be able to wear because I am lucky to get on a walking shoe but can't lace the right one together and that is the morning when the swelling is down. It swells according to how much I am up on it, which I have to be so by the end of the day the cankle could pass for a thigh.

My dress is not in so no alterations done yet.

Countertop postponed yet again. Measurements now Monday and installation Friday. I threw one huge hissy fit. They obliged and rearranged their schedule to calm the crazy lady screaming at them.

Carpet cleaners due Monday the 28th and when I went to confirm them yesterday, their number is disconnected. I think I have their cell at the office and will check that tomorrow.

Tomorrow evening daughter and I go shopping to finish picking up a few things. Finally found the 1980 penny.

My stuff is done. Waiting on the males here one more day and then I say to hell with it and call someone. The bathroom sink and countertop upstairs is in my breakfast room along with the new light fixture, shower rod, shower rings, and shower curtain. I am waiting for the 2nd coat of paint to go on for 3 days now.

Table arrangements made. Final count 284. We crammed everyone into 30 tables with 2 head tables on tiers. We put people with people they did not know. We totally mixed everyone up. Daughter and I made the placecards this weekend. Wedding rings were picked up from jewelers. Church programs done. Reception programs done. Wedding dress to be picked up next Saturday for final fitting and I get to learn how to bustle it.

I have this problem though.....my list keeps growing instead of shrinking.

**sigh**