Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Countdown - 9 days - Countertops to Bras


I took off work this week and next....well not entirely off. I am not going into the office but I am still doing things at home. And I still have my client work to do.

Yesterday the counter top/back splash measurers came. Not too much drama there...but you all know me and my luck lately....yep no drama until the guy told me that the counter tops will be installed Friday but the back splashes won't be installed until next week, PLUS I will not be able to use my kitchen sink or new cook top until 2 days after the back splashes are installed. So I 'calmly' called the place we are having this done by and 'calmly' informed them where to go. I was so not told about the delay with the installation process. I had planned on having these installed a month ago. They are already over schedule and now adding 4 additional days onto said schedule isn't exactly on my calm list. Now I can be flexible but people, we are running out of time here. You think it's not nice to piss off the bride? Well, try to also not piss off the major coordinator and payor either, especially one whose tolerance levels are slowly disappearing and there isn't a strong enough drug to knock me out or calm me down once I get going....just a word of warning!

So now I had to rearranged meals to either the grill or the oven plus washing dishes in the utility sink were added to the list until I can use my kitchen again....oh and the downstairs bathroom vanity too since I got it to match the counter tops. **sigh**

After the measurers left, daughter and I left and went shopping. I picked up sheers and curtain rods for the living room, office, and upstairs hallway, and room darkening curtains for son's room. Then we stopped at another fav store and picked up something for both of us to wear for the rehearsal and dinner, dress for her and pants and top for me. I continue to be amazed at the sizes I am able to fit into. Size 2 here I come!

From there we went to Target and picked up 2 new wastebaskets for the upstairs bathroom and the downstairs bathroom, 2 kitchen size garbage cans to put the dog food in (each of the dogs has their own food), 2 twin sheet sets in a solid color (all I had for the bunk beds were either pound puppies or hello kitty sheets), and a foam topping for the bunk beds (grownups don't need to sleep on plastic mattresses) and I have 8 bridesmaids staying here the night before the wedding, plus my one sister, my 3 grandnieces, the granddoggies, my one niece's wiener dog, and other niece's yellow lab. Yeah I am nuts!

Our last store was bittersweet. We went for a rite of passage every young girl goes through when they are large enough.... we both got measured for new bras. I remember our 1st trip - daughter was so embarrassed and gosh forbid if anyone touched her or her mother saw her (I had to turn my back yet she didn't realize there were mirrors and could see anyway). We both needed different sizes since we both had lost weight and I wanted my puppies to come back to the area from where they once were. We both had fun and were laughing hysterically by the time we were done. I have always gone for what daughter calls utility style undergarments for everyday life. This time I let her talk me into getting a few lacy thangs and in another color but white or tan. I even got a black and brown lacy one. Maybe I will wear it when I want to get lucky. What was even funnier though was showing hubs what I had gotten when we got home. He took my bra and said holy moly....it's a hat and promptly put it on top of his head. Yes he has a big head. Yes it actually fit said head. Yes he got 'the look' and no he didn't get anything else.