Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Things you learn and get done

Yesterday when we lost power once again for who knows why, I got on the phone to the township offices and complained once again about the number of trees on top of power lines in the utility easement (their property) and that are laying on power lines. We have yet another storm coming in (thankfully which will take temps back down to the 70's and get rid of this humidity) and I was worried that we would lose power once again and those lines would break, causing us to lose power again for days. I have called ComEd and they said it was the township's responsibility and when I called the township they said it was ComEd's problem. Almost 2 weeks and nada got done as they were too busy passing the job off on each other.

So I took pics. I emailed them to both ComEd and to the township. I stated in that email that in 12 hours, the next email would be to the newspaper if this still had not been taken care of.

Why it was amazing......within 2 hours, there was both ComEd and a township truck (first I had seen of either in the 2 week aftermath of cleanup). What is more amazing that by the time I got home after 12 hours of work, it was all cleaned up and the branches left out in nice neat stacks by the street. This morning I woke to the sound of the tree branch muncher and we had a nice pile of wood chips left for our flower beds. So within 24 hours everything was done and we are starting the road back to being a nice looking neighborhood.

I have the air conditioning service here at the house right now assessing the damage to the furnace and air conditioner (there is some corrosion on the some kind of board that regulates them...pardon my not understanding what these thingamingies are called). He said we also need a new flue so I need to go research what that is so I sound intelligent. Hopefully hubs will be home soon!