Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Full Moon = Craziness


Do people really go crazy on the full moon? There is folk wisdom that is fueled by doctors, emergency rooms, and the general craziness that seems to happen more on a new or full moon. Scientists take the question with a lot of seriousness and there have been numerous studies to prove and disprove this. But it is a fact that nobody notices when there's a full moon and nothing happens.......you only notice when something does happen. Plus there is the fact that the word 'lunatic' is built on the Latin word for moon (luna).

So is there proof?

Dunno. All I know is today I put my scrub top on inside out. I kept trying to put my things in my pocket and they kept dropping on the floor. I thought I was just missing the pocket or I had a hole in the pocket. That is, until my son pointed out that I had my top on inside out. Then there is the fact that instead of putting on my work pants, I pulled out my pajama bottoms which are also black but rimmed around the ankles with black ribbon, and I put them on. But I didn't notice I had done that until I got to the office. I just know I have never ever done this before.

Hubs says lunatic fits me today.

I say it's a full moon which is the reason for my odd behavior.

Hubs says that this day is different from another - how?

The jury is still out on whether or not he pays for said comment.