Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!



Fairly low key day today. Yesterday we spent the day with hubs parents and brother. When we went to see FIL, he thought I was his sister-in-law. He had my name right and his name right but could not get the daughter-in-law out. He insisted I was his sister-in-law. He knew I was married to his son though. Ahhh....the mind of a dementia patient. Thankfully with a switch in when he was taking some meds, we are status quo right now with health issues. He has new Polish caretakers who don't speak a lick of English. I am looking into getting a English-Polish dictionary. I have no idea if he has been eating or exercising or anything. I get the same pat answer "Yes, missus. He good." Hookay.........sorry Dakota - loved that and had never seen anyone else use it. Reviews on her Accidental series coming up!

Today we met one of my sisters, my one niece with my grand-niece: precious Didi, my other niece with her husband and my other grand-niece DramaQueen aka the one who dived headfirst off the trampoline 2 days before daughter's wedding, and my grand-nephew we have nicknamed Brutus. He wears his nickname well, sporting a huge knot on his forehead from running into a wall. After spending 2 hours with him, I was exhausted watching the others chasing after him. He is Mr. Houdini and gets out of all restraints and takes off at a dead run. All my kids were there including hubs and my parents. We went to a favorite restaurant of ours - White Fence Farm where we dined on Southern Fried Chicken and all the fixin's.

My parents have been cleaning out file cabinets, etc and I was given a folder of report cards from grade school and high school, along with the programs from my capping ceremony, grade school, high school, and college graduations, along with a lot of other things from my childhood. Twas a wee bit interesting peeking back into my certificate from winning the state penmanship contest (3rd grade) and all the things that were buried in the deep recesses of my mind.

I did get to "attend" church via cable TV. First Easter Sunday service I have been able to attend in a zillion years since I have a huge allergy to lilies.

Life is good. We just won't talk about the fact that I will be undergoing yet another surgery on my right ankle in the very near future.