Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Son and Maybe a Reprieve for Me


Happy 26th Birthday Son! We can't believe our youngest is another year older! May all your birthday wishes come true excluding praying to the porcelain goddess. We have a tradition in our family of allowing the birthday person to pick a restaurant of their choice and we all go out to dinner. This year it has been postponed until I am more mobile. Happy Birthday!







The Possible Reprieve for Me:
I have learned not to wish for things now as they can come true. My wish was to just stay in bed and not work and relax. It's Day 10 of doing this and frankly, it sucks! Hubs and I are currently in discussions of the possibility of my returning to work tomorrow. In the meantime, I am currently trying to find yet another position to sit with my leg elevated and not involve being on my rear. I feel it spreading every hour. Maybe I can slide down the stairs on my already sore rear and make brownies to sweeten up my husband and make for son's birthday.

Although I do have to say that I am enjoying hubs doing all the cooking and buying of the groceries and cleaning (well, I can't for sure say this is being done since I am relegated to my bedroom and am not allowed down the stairs). I am willing to bet that there are measuring spoons in the silverware drawer. I am trying not to think about things like that.