Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tongue Twisters - Ankle Update


I had a doctor appointment today to set the date for my next ankle surgery that I had postponed on 9-24-09. Between him and my husband, they twisted and torqued my ankle into abnormal positions - well I thought they were but according to them, my ankle was not supposed to be able to do those movements. I still have a syndesmosis so this coming Friday will go in for another ankle surgery - this time will be to scrape out the synovitis using the arthroscopy then scrape out the crappy tissue between the tibia and fibula that has never healed, rough up the bones then suture this product called Artelon between the two, repair 2 ligaments that are never supposed to have to be repaired (I am special), then place 2 syndesmotic screws to hold the tibia and fibula together. I will then be in a non-weight bearing cast for 8-12 weeks then another surgery to remove the screws then we shall see if I can walk without pain. Would be a concept. They were initially going to do an arthrogram this morning so since I am allergic to the dye they use for that test, I premedicated myself with Benadryl. I also took a pain pill just in case since I knew they were going to be twisting my ankle trying to mimic the pain I feel every time I step down. So I was quite loopy.

My doctor I don't think noticed how loopy I was but my husband went to town with it. On the way home, he was making me say these tongue twisters - believe me speaking was more than I was capable of.

So after a 6 hour nap sleeping off the meds, here are the tongue twisters:

The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick. (This is supposedly the hardest).

I'm not the fig plucker,
Nor the fig plucker's son,
but I'll pluck your figs
till the fig plucker comes.


I'm a sheet slitter.
I slit sheets.
I'm the sleekest sheet slitter
that ever slit sheets.


I am not a pheasant plucker,
I'm a pheasant plucker's son
but I'll be plucking pheasants
When the pheasant plucker's gone.



I am a mother pheasant plucker,
I pluck mother pheasants.
I am the best mother pheasant plucker,
that ever plucked a mother pheasant!


Yeah, you can imagine how I pronounced them!