Monday, June 8, 2009

Recuperating from Ankle Surgery


Ever slept in a really crappy bed that is so hard you swear it would be easier to sleep on the floor? Yeah, that is what our bed is beginning to feel like - exactly what the bed above would feel like.

We bought a new bed last year. It is an extra firm pillow top Sealy Posturpedic. Up until now I loved the bed. Thought it was the most comfortable we have ever had. That is until Day 18.

I have bones I didn't know I have. I added a foam padding to my side of the bed to try to make it more pillowy and comfy but yeah......no help. Don't get me wrong - I am not totally relegated to bed. Just for most of the time. I am allowed up on the scooter to go to the bathroom. Plus I can take a shower with my nifty shower bag kneeling on a chair in the shower stall using a folding chair to keep myself balanced (yeah I am a klutz)!

So last week I have been allowed to go to work but honestly the 2 half days I have been going put me back down for another 2 days. Yesterday I got up and went downstairs and did laundry and balanced the checking accounts. Not much - most of it was spent on my rear in the computer chair with my leg elevated. You would think that would be ok but no. I am grounded today. Yep, 55 and grounded. Told to stay home and keep my you know what in bed with the leg elevated. The words weren't quite that nice but you get the drift.

So here I am again. Day 18 and slowly going nuts.