Saturday, October 24, 2009

Swine Flu


Well, I don't know if I have it or not. Here in the burbs of Chicagoland, it is rampant - of course before the first doses of vaccine are available. I wouldn't have gotten the vaccine anyway but it is always ironic how medicine is 2 steps behind.

I have been working all week short-handed and then one of my bestest girls got sick. I sent her home Thursday (part of the reason why I haven't been around). I have been pretty pooped by the time I get home that I was heading to bed and sleeping 12 hours at a time. I knew that was a sign I was getting sick so I upped my vitamins.

I woke up Thursday morning with a slight sore throat - figured it was just from running the fans and is pretty typical for me. But by Thursday night I was totally exhausted. Friday morning I woke up with a slight cold and by yesterday afternoon I was in a full blown head cold. Since everyone and their neighbor around me has been sick with the swine flu, I am not surprised - just that I held out this long from getting it. So far hubs is fighting it.

I called the doctor who does not want to see anyone unless you are on your deathbed and can't breathe or can't keep fluids down. We are to assume we have the swine flu and treat accordingly - Tamiflu if you can find it, plenty of fluids, plenty of rest. So although I have done the fluids and rest, I haven't taken any Tamiflu - there is none in this area to be found. My aunt in Oklahoma said she would send me some but I told her to keep it as the CDC map shows it is coming her way.

So oink oink with me. I will post when I am feel like being up.

No comments: