Friday, October 2, 2009

TGIF - Update on Tampon in Ear, New Kitten, and more


I don't know about any of you but I for one am going to be glad to see this week end. I had already pretty figured out it was a full moon week without looking at my calendar that keeps track for me. Sure enough, full moon due October 4, 2009 which is just 2 days from now.

Tampon update: I went back to the ENT this morning and he pulled the rest of what was still buried in my ear out. The culture he had taken on Monday was back and said I had Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is actually a common bacteria but naturally resistant to a large range of antibiotics. From Wikipedia:
It is found in soil, water, skin flora and most man-made environments throughout the world. It thrives not only in normal atmospheres, but also with little oxygen, and has thus colonised many natural and artificial environments. The symptoms of such infections are generalised inflammation and sepsis. If such colonisations occur in critical body organs such as the lungs, the urinary tract, and kidneys, the results can be fatal. Because it thrives on moist surfaces, this bacteria is also found on and in medical equipment including catheters, causing cross infections in hospitals and clinics. It is implicated in hot-tub rash.
It is also associated with acrylic nails which is how I got it - 3 weeks ago I had 2 nails with it. Acrylic nails coming off for good in 3 weeks (have to get past the fancy smancy dance first).

So although I am glad the ENT put me on a really strong antibiotic that I take orally and antibiotic ear drops that I have to put in my ear three times a day, they are doing a number on my intestines. I have been downing Probiotics and Acidophilus almost every few hours which helps but my appetite remains crappy, and I am exhausted both from the effect of the antibiotic and the antics of the 4 crazy animals which keep me up at night. But the ear was 90% better and I don't have to go back for another 3 weeks when he does a hearing test and an Eustachian tube test to see how my Meniere's is doing and to see if I lost any more hearing in my ear.

I am sure the full moon is what is affecting the animals. Yeah, that has to be why they aren't letting me sleep and think each other are a food group.

Tomorrow is hubs 40th high school reunion. He's at the first part tonight which I refused to go (it's raining and the last thing I want to do while sick is stand in the rain with a temps in the 40's watching a football game with people I don't know nor associate with and even hubs hasn't seen in over 15 years). I plan on going to bed early and finish reading book 3 of a series from Joey Hill (will report on it when I finish all 4 books). Haven't decided to go tomorrow for the dinner dance for definite - will depend on how I feel. Definitely not going to the brunch they have planned for Sunday since this is our week to help at church which is where we will be.

TGIF!

No comments: