Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter Everyone!

Rejoice! He is Risen!

We took hubs parents out to dinner last night to this amazing Italian restaurant (we tend to avoid restaurants on Easter Sunday since I am highly allergic to any lily). This tends to get me out of going to the grocery store or doing anything else around Easter that involves being around lillies. Some new medication came out once and I tried it. Within 5 minutes my eyes started watering, I was sneezing, and then my throat started closing. I remember when I was small and we lived on this one Air Force base, our housing unit was located next to this huge field of tiger lillies. I don't remember much of that base except that I was sick the entire time we lived there.

Back to the restaurant.....we ordered Insalata Caprese and Bruschette alla Romana for appetizers...for dinner I had Gnocchi alla Bavosa. For dessert, we ordered Tiramisu, Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake with Spumoni, Creme Brulee with fresh fruit, and Pistachio Cream Puffs stuffed with Pistachio Ice Cream...so we each could have a bite of our favs. His parents even behaved themselves even though his father kept repeating things all night.

Today hubs got up and went to sunrise service which I watched via cable (no lillies in my house). Later today after son gets out of bed and daughter and her bf come over, we will have dinner here....on the menu is a standing rib roast with horseradish, mashed tators and gravy (yes homemade), yellow and green beans with a bit of butter and fresh thyme, deviled eggs...and a banana coconut cream pie for dessert. Since the kids are older now, we only give them eggs with money.

So how many of you can figure out what the word is hidden in this picture?