Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Waving hi from Philly



Waving hi from Philly. Having a blast, kinda, but typical me. Have seen all the sites plus one I wasn't expecting. Seems my medication I take for my eardrum doesn't match well with the Philly heat and all the walking so had to make my 1st er visit when I passed out at Constitution Place (that was Sunday). Few tests later confirmed I had a severe electrolyte imbalance so a few hours later of IV's I was fine and discharged. Gatorade and pedialyte is now a part of my daily diet. 2nd er visit came last night when we were in front of Independence House doing the tour. The sidewalks in Philly are crap and my right foot went sideways off a 12 inch high missing bricked area and I went down face first. Chipped a bone in my left palm (bottom of thumb area), chipped a bone under my left knee, and broke a few bones in my right ankle. Luckily we were done sightseeing and all we have is the conference and am spending that in a wheelchair. It's been interesting to say the least. Hubs says he loves the analogy between where I passed out (Constitution Place) and where I fell (Independence House). I told him.....well you can all guess what I told him! Seminar starts tomorrow am...twas in meetings most of the afternoon and going to dinner in Chinatown tonight. Be good....or at least stay away from the er!