Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Frustration


Today's topic is frustration. Why you ask? Because that has been my day. Ever go into work with the best of intentions and a plan of what you wanted to get done that day? I did. I had a list of what I wanted to get done and had even itemized each task with its importance and in what order they were going to be done. There were 20 items on said list. I got 2 done. But somehow another 20 or so things got added to said list and bumped the order to smithereens.

So how do you cope with frustration? Are you a Type A personality and blow or do you just hold it in?

I actually alternate, depending on the situation, the person, and the circumstances. There are some things you just have to toss over your shoulder and let go. There are others that make me erupt. Lately one huge frustration I have is the attitude of TV media and CNN and all news. I hate this political division we are still seeing. Sorry and although I am and will always be impressed by Michael Jackson as a musician, why do I have to be confronted with him as the topic of everyone for a while now and probably a while to come.

After all, some of us are celebrating a new life or moaning a loss of a loved one, or just coping with the normal day to day life and business. Is the media then there to distract us? Lately all it does is piss me off.

I leave you with a few of my favorite frustration quotes:
“Forget your enemies. It's your friends you frustrate that cause all the problems.” ~ Anonymous

“Our frustration is greater when we have much and want more than when we have nothing and want some. We are less dissatisfied when we lack many things than when we seem to lack but one thing.” ~ Eric Hoffer

“Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness.” ~ Leon Trotsky

“No matter how discouraged we get, God has not asked us to do the impossible” ~ George Grace

"I've come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy" ~ Anthony Robbins

“Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion . . . . I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.” ~ Kurt Vonnegut Jr