Sunday, June 24, 2007

Family


I am about familied out and have 1 more 3 day weekend to go which is to me the worst. All day today we had the Italian side (hubs) in a park. Over 100 showed which is remarkable. Learned I am related by marriage to lots of good Italian names that to me sounded like different types of cheese. We spent the day there playing bocce and enjoying a huge feast of every food imaginable plus some. I even got to enjoy a bit of it that I could gum/slide down and not chew.

But we have attended 2 high school graduations, 2 junior high graduations, 2 confirmations, 2 communions, 1 wedding, and of course Mother's Day with both sides and Father's Day x2 (kept them separated after the Mother's Day fiasco) all in the space of 45 days plus we have done most of the bridal planning on top of it.

Next weekend is the worst to come in my opinion. For 3 days I get to spend helping to cook and clean for 30+ people in a conference center with 10 separate bedrooms, one small kitchen, no utensils, no microwave, 1 oven, 4 cooktops, and 1 frig. Anything we want to cook with we have to bring with. Did I mention there will be 2 kids under the age of 2, 7 kids under the age of 10, 8 kids under 18, 3 kids under 21, and 20 people between the ages of 21 and 74. Every year there are complainers. Every family has them. Somehow it seems my family has more than most. There are 6 kids and 2 paretns. Each kid has a spouse. Each kid also has a family and who in some cases, have a family of their own. Total chaos in which I am not used to anymore. I like my peace and quiet.

Now in my defense.....I am on 2 antibiotics - one for a sinus infection and one for my mouth and all the dental work that started out simple but has become a nightmare.....plus I am working 1 girl short (who is on vacation) and 1 girl who is pmsing. I have one nostril that is entirely full of blisters from blowing my nose so much. Loverly!

Wedding update: nothing much to note cept we have picked out the cake topper, the candy treats, the vases the bridesmaids will put their corsages in, the bridesmaid dresses, the save the date magnets which are off to the printer, rented a trolley instead of limos, down to 3 different invitations, ordered the unity candle, and daughter is down to 4 bridal gowns from the Maggie Sottero trunk. DJ is being booked this Tuesday. Daughter has started a wedding website and I will link it only for friends.

New doctor hire update: hopefully we will be hiring a guy tomorrow. I feel good about him.

I am exhausted and need to get through this next 4 days doing as much prep things after my 12 hour days as possible....so this might be my last post for a bit.