Monday, June 11, 2007

Mondays should be banned


I am getting old. I can no longer tolerate working 12 hour days 6 days a week then go out to dinner with friends and attend a graduation party for another friends's son all in the same week and expect to be bright eyed and bushy tailed Monday morning. I swear I feel like I have been run over by a mack truck!

Work: Today started off with no internet at the one office...after many phone calls....they are sending a technician out on Wednesday to fix the problem (like I believe that). Off this afternoon to 2nd office and my laptop's disc drive won't open so can't load new data and the dsl at that office was slower than dialup so called them back once again....I swear they should tremble when they see my number calling in again. Did I mention that all our schedules, etc are on a website so I can't access anything?

Update on wedding drama: I am nominating my daughter to be on Bridezilla. Please someone somewhere tell me this will get better. Does she need to change her mind every 5 minutes? I can't keep up. Last I had heard we were doing candles on a mirror with rose petals for reception centerpieces. Guess MOG (Mother of groom) has her panties in a wad because of that. No clue. At this point...no longer care. MOG can go KMA.

Update on mouth and tooth pain: had a root canal. So right now no pain but still have temporary bridge in and dentist and my time are not coordinating to get permanent one put in so still can't eat nor drink anything but tepid water.

New pain: lots of foot pain....thought it was just that I had been putting my feet on the wheels of the chairs at the office but guess not...ultrasound on Saturday showed a bursa so hubs injected it with cortisone....which flipped off my no hormones and set me off hot flashing something horrible again and can't sleep with the night sweats. And...as of today.....still have the pain in the foot.

Cicadas: graduation party in another cicada laden area....they are getting brave and bold now...they nose dive into you at full speed looking for a mate....and they were crawling up my and into my shirt....one even went down my shell into my bra...no clue as to what he was looking for.....then again...maybe it was a she.....Their noise level has intensified to the point that even driving down the road with windows up and radio on...you can still hear them!

Family: have a niece's wedding to attend this Saturday...wearing the deep mauve dress with hopefully heels if my foot feels better. But that isn't looking to be a good time since my sister's husband is the father of the bride yet is not allowed to walk his daughter down the aisle. So should be an interesting wedding. Also in the midst of trying to help plan the yearly family reunion get-a-way where we all stay in the same house (and there will be 36 of us there this year. Loverly! Yep looking forward to that one.....Oh and did I mention that I get to spend my ONLY evening off with hubs parents for Father's Day?

Finally....ok can't think of anything good that has happened today and since I always try to think of positives.....I shall say there are only 5 more hours until Monday is over..........YIPEE............